Diverse habitats provide for a wide variety of wildlife and plants. Our grasslands are nesting sites for several Ohio threatened bird species. Our forests shelter a range of wildlife species including white-tailed deer, black rat snakes, barred owls, red fox, wild turkey and a variety of salamanders, frogs, and insects to name just a few.
There are numerous recreational opportunities available year round that include:
A Sand Volleyball court
Four Tennis Courts
Two Basketball Courts
18,000 sq. ft. PlayQuest playground area
Cross country skiing in the winter months with over 70 acres of open field areas
Five Softball/Baseball Fields
Two Horseshoe Pits
Several Small Playground Areas
5 Tennis Courts
4 Pickleball Courts
Lots of hiking opportunities including a Braille trail are here for your enjoyment.
Click here for more information.
The Warren Pritchard and Fred Perry Memorial Gazebos are also located at the Park to offer comfortable, shaded seating.
New in 2013 are two Dog Parks. Click here for more information.
Celebration Grove is located near the Pogany Pavilion with a number of benches provided for reading and relaxing.
The Band Shell located at the front of the Park is the site of our Summer Concerts in the Park series every Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m., weather permitting. Concerts begin in late May/early June and are held weekly through the end of August.
There are also six open air pavilions and the Stacey Enclosed Pavilion available for rent (discount available for Township Residents).
Township Park is open from dawn to dusk, year round. General rules of the park include:
- A 15 MPH speed limit with speed bumps to help enforce this safety issue
- No dirt bikes, three or four wheeler, horses or golfing
- All dogs must be leased and under owners control. Dog clean-up stations are provided throughout the park so owners can responsibly clean-up after their pet companions
- No alcoholic beverages
- No littering or dumping of any materials
- No disturbing of the peace or enjoyment of other with use of abusive language, loud music or disorderly behavior will be tolerated
- Vandalism of any kind will result in removal from the park, restitution and probable prosecution. Video surveillance has been installed on structures in the park.
- Other rules and regulations are available in a printed brochure by calling the Park Office at 330-793-0718
Click on the flag for directions to the park